Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need to re-install my trial antivirus software(Norton 2006), but my CPU only works in safe mode. H

The program says that files are missing or corrupt, and none of my programs are working, including Norton. My computer freezes and Safe Mode is the only way I can use it. It also says my virtual memory is low. How do I increase that, while still in safe mode?



I need to re-install my trial antivirus software(Norton 2006), but my CPU only works in safe mode. How to?norten



First, the CPU is the Central Processing Unit...it is a little chip inside your case on the motherboard...just to let you know ;-)



You can increase your virtual memory by deleting files off your hard drive. Try using Disk Cleanup or CCleaner. This could be why your computer is freezing a lot. You might also want to get some more RAM for your computer if it is using virtual memory so much. Also, Norton is very cumbersome...I recommend AVG because it is free and works great!



I need to re-install my trial antivirus software(Norton 2006), but my CPU only works in safe mode. How to?panda



what's a matter when you try to log in normally, some kind of blue screen appears?



There are many reason for that, if the files are corrupt or missing all you have to do is to format your hard drive because there's no files you can lose. Run OS you prefer and then don't install under any concept AVG antivirus and CCleaner, they suck, full of spywares and adwares.



Virtual memory is low according to Ram and many programs running, go to control panel--system--general and there you see your Ram, 128MB or 256MB. 512 MB would be perfect.



I hope It helps.
first off, ''CPU'' is a term you use when you refer to your processor, not your computer as a whole. You need to boot it up in safe mode and use a restore point. You can do this by going to your start menu, help (on the bottom right side of the menu) and search for ''Restore Wizard''. When search results come it, click on ''Run Restore Wizard''



Your virtual memory has nothing to do with the corrupt files , virtual memory is the last thing you want to worry about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment